Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mapped Drives not visible for other Computer users [Resolved}

• Please log in to reply

freemule2000

freemule2000

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am having this problem, and so is a friend.

As an admin user, I mapped a networked drive from one of my computers, "Tom," to a folder on the other. I can log off, sign on, and the drive is still there.

THE PROBLEM IS that when other users (admin or not) log onto "Tom", the drive is not visible to them. The user can map the drive (even use the same drive letter that I used) but can't view the drive I created.

I'm using XP pro.

Thanks for any help you may give.

07-19-06, I've been told that XP mapped drives are shown only for the user logon that created it, but that a simple batch file is the remedy. I don't have the details. If anyone does, I'd be glad to see 'em.

Thanks.

Resolution: Placing the batch file in the startup folder resolved the problem.

Edited by freemule2000, 25 July 2006 - 12:54 PM.

Advertisements