Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Commandos 3, Guild Wars, Battlefield 2 issues

• Please log in to reply

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Pip
  • 9 posts
It all started when i bought Commandos 3 and some other game called Gladiator for $5 each.Well i installed Commandos 3 and when i opened up the game i made a profile and picked a campaign. I then tried to load up a mission, but the as soon as the loading finishes the game crashes to my desktop. At first i thought that the install got messed up and didnt install the missions,so i tried to reinstall about 5 times. Unfortunately it still would not work. Also i installed Gladiator but that one would not even launch into the game.The next day i tried updating my drivers,and downloading the patch, but it didnt help. I was tired of trying to fix it so i went to play Guild Wars,but now the same thing was happening to GW. It would be loading the city but at the end of the loading it would also crash to my desktop. After that i was angry so i went to play some Battlefield 2 i was expecting to get to play a good game. The loading was about to finish when...the game crashes to my desktop. :whistling: . I could still play BF1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Starsiege Tribes and some other games, but not those for some reason. Now i am thinking that Commandos and Gladiator were $5 because they were used or something,but when i bought them they were sealed perfectly and the CD's were in perfect condition. I have scanned my computer 3 times to see if i have anything is messing it up ,but i have nothing. Anyone have any idea what is going on? :blink: Thanks in advance :help:
Here are my specs:
Windows-Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer -6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM) -1024 MB
CPU Info -AMD Sempron™ 3000+
CPU Speed -1996.6 MHz
Sound card -Realtek AC97 Audio
Display Adapters -RADEON 9600 SERIES | RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution -1024 X 768 - 32 bit
Network -Network Present
Network Adapters -802.11g USB Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport | VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives -E: TSSTcorpCDW/DVD TS-H492A
COM Ports -COM3 | COM1
LPT Ports -LPT1
Mouse -16 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks -C: 107.1GB | D: 4.7GB
Hard Disks - Free -C: 63.1GB | D: 831.1MB
USB Controllers -5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394) -1 host controllers.
PCMCIA (Laptops) -Not Installed
Manufacturer -Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make -PS114AA-ABA SR1215CB NA440
AC Power Status -OnLine
BIOS Info -AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 09/02/04 | KM400 - 42302e31
Time Zone -Pacific Standard Time
Battery -No Battery
Motherboard -ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut
Modem -Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem

Edited by Wompa Stompa, 18 July 2006 - 07:33 PM.

Advertisements

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just now i tried playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Americas Army and those dont work either. :whistling: I find it strange that they all crash when it is loading to get into a server or map, but some of my other games work and they require a load to play. I am confused as to why some crash and others dont. :blink:

Edited by Wompa Stompa, 18 July 2006 - 07:34 PM.

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hmm what a shame all that typing for nothing. Well it got fixed but i dont know why. I think it was a virus or something cause my firewall suddenly detected it.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Glad to hear you fixed it :whistling:

ADMINS: Topic closeable, problem solved.

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
:blink: I think im about to explode...... It has started doing the same thing again. Can anyone help me at all? I am really starting to get tired of this. :whistling: :help:

oicua12

oicua12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
try dropping your resolution on desktop VERY low and then opening the games. - the card will auto-configure to whatever the game needs to run, and when you're not playing the game, you can change your res back to normal, but then lower it again before starting the game.

if it works, it is not a TRUE fix, but may get you online long enough to play... also, shut down ICQ or other IM progs so you don't interrupt your gameplay.

(friend of mine had issues like this with Guildwars and this is how we got it "fixed")

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the suggestion but it didnt work :whistling:

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey someone told me to run dxdiag and look to see if there are any problems. So i did that and in the DirectX files i saw that one of the files is missing "system.dll" . There are two of these and one is missing. Could this be the problem? :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
That does sound like it could be your problem. In terms of where to find this file, I'm not sure.

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hmmm anyone know anything about this? :whistling:

Wompa Stompa

Wompa Stompa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, it has started to work again. :blink: However i dont want it to stop working again like before. It seems that it is playing games with me or something. One day it works then the next it doesnt. :whistling: