Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Digital photos lost

• Please log in to reply

u10b_coach

u10b_coach

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
From what testing has been done on this issue, it appears the header information has been lost. The theory among some very technical friends it that there is a sublte virus that is affecting the files. I am running Norton with live update active, I have several spyware checkers. If it is a virus, I think it is new.
I really don't know what to think. Virus makes as much sense as anything....its late, gotta crash..I will check for your response tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well you should go to malware forum

they are very good at removing virus but be patient there 2 or 3 day wait not uncommon

good luck

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. System clean? Spyware Protection.
To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up. Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well you should go to malware forum

they are very good at removing virus but be patient there 2 or 3 day wait not uncommon

good luck

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. System clean? Spyware Protection.
To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up. Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, u10b_coach...I got called out of town unexpectedly.

I received the image and will see what I can do with it as time permits today. Initial scans of the file did not turn up any viral corruption.

u10b_coach

u10b_coach

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
A new development. Over 3/4 of my photos are gone. They are not longer to be found in the My Pictures folder.

If there are no more ideas about what could be causing this, I am going to hose and reload the O/S.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if you can find them with this, if so, back them up to CDR then maybe look at repairing or hosing

http://www.pcinspect.../uk/welcome.htm

u10b_coach

u10b_coach

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I would like to thank all that responded to this issue. I have decided to hose and reload the o/s. I have lost to many photos to mess with this anymore. Please close this thread.