Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A few things don't look right

• Please log in to reply

Kosti

Kosti

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
When I look at some of my proccesses, a few don't look familiar...such as wuauclt.exe MSASCui.exe hkcmd.exe igfxtray.exe MsMpEng.exe and a few others....I don't want to delete any of this since I don't know much about computers so I was hoping someone could take a look at my hijack this log and see if anything is odd...Thanks in advance

Attached Files

Edited by wannabe1, 18 July 2006 - 11:41 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Kosti...

Are you experiencing any problems with your machine?

wuauclt.exe = a process managing automatic updates for Microsoft Windows. This process continuously checks for the latest updates anduses the Internet to do so. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

MSASCui.exe = part of Microsoft Windows Defender, which is a spyware removal program originated from Windows AntiSpyware. MSASCui.exe is run in background silently. Leave it alone to ensure your system being fully protected by Windows Defender.

hkcmd.exe = installed alongside Intel multimedia devices and allows configuration and diagnostic options for these devices. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

igfxtray.exe = a process which allows you to access the Intel Graphics configuration and diagnostic application for the Intel 810 series graphics chipset. This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for ease of use via the desktop tray.

MsMpEng.exe = Windows Defender Auto-Protect Service that is the core engine of Windows Defender, which is originally Microsoft AntiSpyware software. At the time of writing, Windows Defender is still in beta 2 phase, so do not be too surprised when you encounter any errors.

If you'd like to have the log checked, you should post it in the Malware Forum so the experts there can have a look at it. So far, everything you mentioned is ok. :whistling:

wannabe1

Kosti

Kosti

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Sorry I took so long to look at this and reply, I've been away...thank you for the information