Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe errors

• Please log in to reply

Dragon306

Dragon306

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
my good desktop computer right now running windows xp pro sp2 has been giving me a lot of crap concerning explorer.exe lately. two errors: the "such and such has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "the instruction at '0x026b3206' referanced memory at '0x026b3206' the memory could not be read".

i have run memtest86 for three dayas straight with no errors/problems found; i have run full system scans with latest definitions using ad-aware se personal, spybot-s&d, bitdefender 9 pro plus, and online panda scan as an extra precaution; i have run pc tools regsitry mechanic 5.2 full scans to no help; i have run the hard drive manufacturer (western digital) diagnostics and my hard drive checked out fine.

explorer.exe will restart but half the tray programs dont restart to which means i have to restart the whole stupid computer to regauin all my applications. and then it will do it again after a few minutes, whether i restarted the computer or not.

any suggestions because this is getting very old very quickly???

Advertisements

K3NnY

K3NnY

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
The error says that it could be faulty RAM, but in the years I've learned not to rely on what Windows says,
it also could be that the explorer.exe is corupted, try some disk fixing tool, or replace the explorer.exe with the one from the XP cd. You could also try to boot up in safe mode and try to restore the system.

After the the problems fixed, I'd make a backup, Norton has some good tools for that.
Hope I could help :whistling: