Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus M2N-E - sound problem - hda audio bus is required and not found

• Please log in to reply

preedy

preedy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there,

I have a problem with Asus M2N-E onboard sound card. If I try to install sound driver from cd there is an error "hda audio bus is required and not found". Any suggestions please?

Edited by preedy, 19 July 2006 - 07:09 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Have you checked the bios to make sure the on board audio is enabled?

preedy

preedy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for reply. Yes, I have.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
what if you try installing the driver like this:

Look in device manager for your soundcard, click on it and hit DELETE. reboot and let windows look for a driver.

Hope that works.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
If you go to start, my computer right click properties, hardware tab, device manager, do you see the sound controller there? Is there a yellow ! next to it?

preedy

preedy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
There is only one yellow !, next to PCI device. Is it possible that it's onboard sound device?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
No, that shouldn't be it but if you DO NOT have a PCI sound card, try removing that hardware. Then re-boot and let windows detect your on board audio and install the driver.

preedy

preedy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When I right click on update driver on that yellow ! marked PCI device it ask me to insert disc with Microsoft UAA Bus Driver High Definition Audio.

Edited by preedy, 19 July 2006 - 08:14 AM.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
What happens if you insert your Asus disk and update the driver at that point?

preedy

preedy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
OK, it works!!! Sex Pistols' playing :whistling:) All I needed to do is to find hdaudbus.sys and insert it, then install Asus driver and that's it.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Great! Glad you got it fixed!

ezekiel7

ezekiel7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem! here's what fixes it.

First you need to find the HDA driver from somewhere online, shouldn't be too hard. Then :

Right Click, 'My computer'
Left Click, Tab labeled 'Hardware'
Left Click, Button labeled 'Driver Manager'
Right Click, PCI Device with yellow exclamation mark (This is the Audio Card)
Left Click, Either 'Update Driver' or 'Install Driver'

Follow the wizard and find the file it wants(HDAudBUS.sys), this is the audio card! Once you find the file, and install it go back to the M2n-E cd-rom and it will start right up! I registered just so I could post this to help other people! BTW, it's not a PCI device, it's an onboard audio, it just appears that way in the device manager.

Works ^_^

Sincerely,
Ezekiel

silk52

silk52

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK .. I have the exact same issue as the other person.

I found hdaudbus.sys in my c:\windows\system32 directory.

However, when I go to Device Manager and click on the PCI DEVICE (with yellow exclamation point) and install driver, pointing to c:\windows\system32, it still "cannot install this hardware"

Any ideas?

Den_Olly

Den_Olly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

OK .. I have the exact same issue as the other person.

I found hdaudbus.sys in my c:\windows\system32 directory.

However, when I go to Device Manager and click on the PCI DEVICE (with yellow exclamation point) and install driver, pointing to c:\windows\system32, it still "cannot install this hardware"

Any ideas?

There is a known issue with p.e. Windows 2003 SP 1 and the intel driver:
downloading patches is the one and only sollution.
This is what I found on the Motherboard CD:

Due to an engineering error, the HD Audio bus driver that shipped in Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP x64 Edition
contains what is called ˇ§time bombˇ¨ functionality that prevents the use of the binary after a certain date.
That date was August 1st 2005 and users may find their audio device stop working after that date.

If the following conditions are true, the computer Intel High Definition audio functionality unexpectedly
quits working:ˇE The computer is running either Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
or Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

ˇE The computer has an Intel High Definition audio device.

CAUSE
This problem occurs because of a problem in the Intel High Definition audio driver that
is included with Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

The Download Center URLs will be as follows:

WS03

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

WS03 x64

WinXP x64

The reason this happened has been addressed for future OS releases.

kletos

kletos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After much frustration, fruiitless downloading of drivers and hacks, etc., I found the solution by copying hdaudbus.sys from the System32/Drivers folder to a floppy and referencing the A drive when the process asked for the location for the missing driver. That immediately allowed me to continue the installation of the SoundMAX system from the ASUS motherboard CD.

Working in Win2000 Pro, service pack 4, ASUS M2N WS mobo