Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Get Into PC

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I have a Computer where I work that I remote desktop into and I always keep powered on, however lately I'm not sure if the computer is going in hibernation mode or what but I'm unable to remote to the PC. The last time I was at the location where the computer is the power button was flashing and I could remote onto it I'm not sure what that means, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Advertisements

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I have a Computer where I work that I remote desktop into and I always keep powered on, however lately I'm not sure if the computer is going in hibernation mode or what but I'm unable to remote to the PC. The last time I was at the location where the computer is the power button was flashing and I could remote onto it I'm not sure what that means, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

What I meant to say was When I went to the location where the computer is located the power button was flashing and I couldn't remote onto the machine. Sorry about that.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it may very well be going into standby or hibernation...next time you're there check that out...also make sure that the nic isn't set to power down to save resources...that'll do it as well

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

it may very well be going into standby or hibernation...next time you're there check that out...also make sure that the nic isn't set to power down to save resources...that'll do it as well

Alright thanks allot next time I'm there I will check that out. I apprecaite the advice.