Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Addition to "Do This Before Using HiJackThis"

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I have been using for a long time now. It is a very good scanner which scans and finds almost any type of spyware/adware it then links you to a site where it gives to instructions to manually remove that specific infection. (Registry editing etc.)

I think moderators should think about putting this application somewhere in the "Do this before posting a hijackthis log" thread, as it could save a lot of time.

-Nikul

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
That thread is constantly re-evaluated and is updated when necessary.

There are currently already 3 antimalware scanning programs in that thread. As of this time, I do not see a real need to add yet another step for the users to follow to get help.

We will evaluate the program, compare it to the other 3 that are already there, and see if it can replace one.

ScHwErV :whistling:

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
That's all I wanted you guys to do. :whistling:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
The problem with Bazooka in my opinion (I do mention it on my site) is that you would have to have a reasonable level of computer knowledge to cure any problems.
BaZooka scans and identifies for spyware.
If it finds any, it links you to a site with removal instructions for that malware.
That is where usually the problem lies. Those instructions include editing the registry manually, where a mistake is easy to make and can have nasty consequences.
Also those sites are usually constructed to tackle several variants of one malware, so people end up looking for files and entries that are not all there, which can be very confusing.

Regards,