Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help I got a problem with my screen

• Please log in to reply

Mikael/plysse

Mikael/plysse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
help i still dossent work

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Take out the new disk that you installed. Make sure that your system disk is jumpered correctly (Should be Master or Cable Select). Run the computer now.

Mikael/plysse

Mikael/plysse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry but that was one of the first things I did when i tried to get my computer to work again

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Strange. You describe a problem which directly follows an action that you took. The normal thing to do is to reverse everything to the original state, and normally it works. Please recheck carefully that the ram is properly seated and the slot is perfectly clean. Double check all flat cable connections and make sure that they are well secured. recheck HD jumpers. make sure that the monitor connector is well secured and there are no bent or broken pins. make sure that the connector between the power supply unit and the motherboard sits properly.

If the monitor is blank then you do not know if the computer is working or not. The only that you see and hear is the fans spinning, nothing else. If possible connect the computer to another monitor. That will help determining where the problem is.