Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Web server

• Please log in to reply

K3NnY

K3NnY

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi guys,
any of you know a free, good Home Web server with PHP support?
(For Windows of course :whistling: )

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Apache, Xitami can do this if you download PHP separately from php.net and (in the case of Apachi) configure them.

A web server is just that: A server. They come with no "support" as such, you add it as an extra.

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
i use Abyss Web server has php support.. need the php software though. theres a site thats all about this webserver and php and all that good website stuff.. easy to follow guilds go here

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
i'd do this if i didn't have adsl, a dynamic ip address, limited bandwidth (pay-per-0.5gig), and if it wasn't currently summer

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
My ISP is nice to me.. im on ADSL but my friends all use dialup so they dont notice that server not really really fast but... in last month i got 1000 peeps but ony 276 differnt peeps not bad right? i didnt know i had that many friends.. that was before i added my fourms lol i add stuff all the time anymore. i got nothing better to do but i was just going to say that i Run Abyss Web Server i have PHP and My SQL with PHP My Admin and also running PHPBB (phpbb is a Fourm) heres the link so you all can see it its Called Wormys Doamin (Wormy my nickname) but i dont normaly run the webcam and file servers but i have them passworded and need a ip thats in my list... ok well i g2g cya... Leaving for two weeks starting 4am tomarro (my time)

Edited by Dustinduse, 24 July 2006 - 08:31 PM.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Hi guys,
any of you know a free, good Home Web server with PHP support?
(For Windows of course :blink: )

As stated Apache and Xitami will run on Windows. The Apache setup is pretty straight forward.
You will need to install PHP yourself and I would recommend installing ActiveState Perl as well.

My preference for running web servers is on Linux. Much more secure and there is a lot more support and how-to's for various configurations (LAMP for example) on a Linux platform.

My 2 cents :whistling: