Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Heatsink/Fan on Toshiba A65-S126

• Please log in to reply

kayleesmom2000

kayleesmom2000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 and I'm pretty sure the fan has gone out on it. My question is where on earth do I find parts for this stupid thing? I have looked on ebay and prices there vary from 10.00 to 50.00 for a used heatsink and fan. I really don't want to get ripped off, but I'm going into this blind and I don't like feeling that way.

A little background on my problem:
I think the fan went out because when I got it back together (daughter tripped over power cord and broke the DC adapter) so got that fixed, got it back together and then started it. It booted just fine - connected to the wireless network and was able to use for a bit before a nice warm electrical smell was being emitted from my laptop in the area of the fan and when I looked it is not turning.

Any other ideas or ??? I'm lost now.

Thanks!
'Chele :whistling:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. If you know what kind of CPU it has, search for a CPU fan for it. I searched dogpile for Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 and found a review at Cnet that says "CNET Labs tested a Satellite A65-S126 equipped with a 2.8GHz desktop Celeron processor". I hope that burning smell was only the fan. Sad thing is that if the fan wasn't running when you booted up, it may have been the CPU you smelled.