Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus/spyware/trojan removal

• Please log in to reply

Tomo12

Tomo12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ive been using Ad-aware and AVG free just as a general precaution on my computer, scanning occasionally and they've never picked up anything serious. The other day i thought id try a pay to use scanner but with a free scan and it found a list of virsus, trojans and whole host of other nasty. Could anyone recommend a good way of getting rid of this, like a more realible free scanner, or are my choices, reinstall or pay for a scanner

Many thanks

Tomo

:whistling:

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi Tomo12, Take a look in
Geeks to Go! > Security > Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here
and read Click Here before posting a Hijack This log.
I think you will find what your looking for in there. :whistling:

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.