Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UPGRADE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
i just bought an ibook g3 clamshell and I dont know how to upgrade memory or even if I can. It has a 300 MHz processor and even though its an older model it has Mac OS 10.4, Tiger. It already has 320 MB memory and 12 gigs of hardrive, I'm not going to use it for anything serious but I want ot know what i can do to bring it into the 21st century. :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi CTE
The info I have on the g3 'clamshell' with 300Mhz CPU is that, unfortunately, 320MB is the max it can use, and there's only one memory slot. Since the CPU is definitely not upgradeable on a laptop, your pretty much stuck with what you have, apart from fitting a larger hard-drive if you consider it worth the expense. If you're into digital photography it would make an excellent backup storage for your pics.

Edited by pip22, 20 July 2006 - 01:56 PM.