Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Oblivion Specs.

• Please log in to reply

kinetik

kinetik

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, first of all, i just bought a new 450$ Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT and even THAT dosnt play oblivion well, i have almost everything on low, except for the textures, there on medium. I only have 512 RAM, if i upgraded to 1.5 gigs of RAM, would that help me play oblivion with more stuff up??? :whistling:

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
What are your full system specs (processor, memory, sound, video [we know], etc.)?

More RAM always helps your computer just in general, so upgrading to even just a gig would help. My system (seen in my sig) plays Oblivion on medium everything at 1024x768 (I believe is the res). Mainly because of my video card. The way (in my opinion) that Oblivion utilizes the computer hardware is messed up, some people have great computers and can't play the stupid game on high.

I sorta gave up on making it look good and resorted to "I like being able to play, not just look at pretty trees."

kinetik

kinetik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Where do i find my full system specs?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
A good share of it can be found by right-clicking on My Computer, and clicking on properties. The rest, such as video card information, can be found by clicking on Start -> Run, and typing in dxdiag ... Press enter, and you may seea small gray box. Let's it "yes" on that for now. Your video card information can be found by clicking on the Display Tab, and looking at the top-left of the page.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Use a program called PC wizard to get the info theres a link in my sig that will take you to it, you could use CPU-Z as well.