Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NTDETECT Failed

• Please log in to reply

Ariel_7

Ariel_7

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:whistling: :blink: :help: Hello, I'm not sure what I can do About this problem.....when I boot up my computer it says"NTDETECTED failed'" I tried to go to safe mode it won't go, it won't do anything, I cannot get it to boot off the xp disk.....I don't know what to do. I was thinking of wiping my computer out then reinstalling xp but I'm not sure how to do that either, I know it involves 6 floppy, I forget.......Could someone help me out with one or both problems.....Thanx :) :woot: :woot:

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi, when you say wont bot off the xp disk what do you mean? Will it try and then fail? Or does it not even try? And using floppys is not very lightly. Using the cd is much easyer and better.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

I cannot get it to boot off the xp disk.....

Have you set the primary boot device to your cd drive?

Ariel_7

Ariel_7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I entered the set up and I changed it to boot up on the disk, I don't think it was even trying, all it said was "press any key to reboot", that's all. If it's to hard to fix I was thinking of reinstalling the os but I don't know how to do it all, my memory is foggy. If it helps my computer has been acting weired for the past week and a half, I had a real bad case of malware, but I got some good programs to clean it up, but it was still real slow, even after it was fixed.........can any one give me some words of wisdom? Help! :whistling:

From a very desperate girl!!!

Edited by Ariel_7, 20 July 2006 - 11:01 AM.