Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocked Active Content on Every Website

• Please log in to reply

procbp

procbp

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a computer running XP Home sp2. Shortly after updating to sp2, every site I go to shows the info bar stating that active content has been blocked. I have compared the IE security settings to another similiar pc that does not get this block notice on many of the same sites (like google.com). I have thoroughly scanned for viruses and spyware, but it seems clean. Any ideas?

Brian

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Are you refering to Active X? If so you can just disable it.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Yeah, SP2 basically disables most ActiveX controls unless you go back and tweak the IE settings. Although, since you do see the Info Toolbar, just rght click on the little bar that comes up and you should have the option to allow whatever it is that it blocked.