Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Temperature Control Software?

• Please log in to reply

Tfire136

Tfire136

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello everyone! I have a Dell 8400 and I am wondering if there is any software out there that will allow me to monitor temperatures, voltage values and fan status. I know that Everest does not support it and I heard that Dell has some kind of funky chip. Would like to keep tabs on this stuff and just wondering if such a program exists for these machines. Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
dell does have some weird sensors that alot of programs can't work with...try speedfan (google it) and see if that works

Tfire136

Tfire136

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I did try and install Speedfan but the only Temp I get is for my 160 GB hard drive.....nothing else. Are there any other programs you would recomend???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You might try PC wizard ive always had success with it.

Tfire136

Tfire136

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Gave that one a try also. The only thing that comes up is the Hardrive temp....its at 102F right now is it possible that this temperature reflects how hot the rest of the system is????

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you might be able to check the temps in bios ....run the machien for a while at high usage then restart into the bios and look for a system health section....

dell has some proprietary boards and oft times don't even put temp sensors on them...and if they do put them...alot of progs won't read them

if you HD is at 102F...one would assume the proc would be warmer...as the HD tends to be a few degrees higher than ambient temp and the proc is usually a few degrees higher than the HD...