Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Screen Locks After Failed HW Install

• Please log in to reply

Rien

Rien

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey hey,

I installed a nice new ati agp vid card, updated my agp driver from SiS, installed the new ati SW and had my card running nicely. Until I fried my psu (no love lost, it was old and cheap)

I have replaced my psu and taken out my vid card, running back on default video settings in BIOS and removed the ati SW. And now my screen just locks up, there doesn't seem to be any trend and I am forced to restart.

Not to sure on what to do next, I did recieve a missing dll file error and ran a chkdsk, error has not returned.
Any suggestions?

Much thanks, Olivia

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
can you still use your machine or does it just not let you do anything? can you get into safe mode?

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Is it frezzing while the booting windows? Or does it let you log-in? Try safe mode.

My bad took awhile to write it.

Edited by Haz, 20 July 2006 - 03:15 AM.

Rien

Rien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

I am able to get into windows, it does operate as normally. Then it will just lock up everything, doesn't seem to be anything specific, and I am forced to reboot

I am also unable to boot into safemode, it just hangs at the screen where is shows all the drivers