Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

css image map no .js

• Please log in to reply

scoobe

scoobe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been given the task of creating a map of the UK with rollover links. The problem i've got is i cannot use javascript. Heres what i've managed to come up with using just CSS UK Map I can get the images to create a link and pop-up text.
What i want to do is add links to the pop-up text . eg. 1 of the roll-overs need to have 8 links. i can get the text to display, but not create a link.

I have to use a content management tool to upload the finished page and that won't allow .js uploads :whistling:
It also need to have all the CSS in the body.

I want to achieve something like this World Map Sample but without javascript. Is it possible?
Thanks for any ideas/help anyone can give me

Advertisements

SeraphAP

SeraphAP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
http://www.frankmann...s/css-imagemap/
and
http://frankmanno.co...imagemap-redux/

Just remember that if you want IE support, you need probably javascript. IE's shoddy support of CSS pseudo-elements and image transparency means you're pretty limited.

But it is possible!

Edited by SeraphAP, 20 July 2006 - 04:34 PM.

scoobe

scoobe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for those links. They may prove useful. but i'd like IE compatability as its still the most used broswer by my target audience. is it possible to use javascript in the body of a page as i'm not permited to link to .js or edit the headers?