Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp deskjet 460wbt

• Please log in to reply

mcavinee

mcavinee

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a hp deskjet mobile printer with bluetooth card and when I install the program and try to access the toolbar I get teh following message:
HPWRTBX.exe application error. Instruction at 0x00e914b0 referenced memory at 0x000000 memory could not be written.

I tryed uninstalling and still gives me the same message

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you checked the HP site for updated software?

idowu

idowu

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have exactly the same problem. I updated the driver from HP but the problem persists. While the printer still works, the error message is nauseating

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Have you tried searching HP's Support Documents for help? The owner's manual?

jeffnels

jeffnels

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the HP Deskjet 460wf printer and I am having the same problems. I have contacted HP about the problem and they believe the McAfee is causing interference. They say they are going to create an utility to solve the issue. Hp said to try unistalling and run the scrubber program, but there was no effect. I am having problems with printing Wi-Fi and sometimes through USB. Any Suggestions?

idowu

idowu

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I had a "chat online"with HP staff. for over 30 minutes. They concluded i needed to download and install a "firmware upgrade" for the deskjet, i downloaded the firmware but it just "refused"to install. HP has been very silent on the issue, and they did not mention mcafee in my own case.

jeffnels

jeffnels

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was on the phone with them twice. The first one was a basic tech and she could not figure out the problem. She sent me to the higher-up techs. We where on the phone for about 45-60 mins going over several settings, uninstall, and installs. He was the only one that mentioned McAfee. I have the reinstallation disk to try this option. He mention to uninstall McAfee, install HP software, and then reinstall McAfee to see if this solves the issue.

idowu

idowu

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks. I also have Mcaffee on my system. If you try that option and it works, kindly let us know. I hope it works!

jeffnels

jeffnels

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It worked, but the Privacy Security will not install. I now recieve an error- Url:mcp://c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\scui.dll::mps.htm Line No:86.

idowu

idowu

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks. i will try the option today