Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low FPS in any game.

• Please log in to reply

Lfun

Lfun

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have a Radeon X800 and 2 Pentium D Processors at 2.8GHz each, I used to get a steady 100 FPS in CounterStrike and now I get around 10 - 100, and it keeps jumping back and forth between 10 and 100 and sometimes stays at 40 - 60 and it's really annoying, can anyone help me fix this? Also, when I play other games it just seems like it's lagging.

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
try updating the drivers on the video card

Edited by daniel_c, 21 July 2006 - 01:11 AM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Try closing all other open apps in the background that take up a good bit of system resources. Did you upgrade any parts recently?

Lfun

Lfun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I didn't do anything to the computer, it just suddenly started getting low and unstable FPS, even though it never used to. My drivers are upgraded too. It might be because of a virus I got but I'm pretty sure it's gone now, I've had help from the Malware Removal part of the forum...