Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Firefox lock-ups

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have been getting really annoying lock-ups when I use Firefox the past few days, when they do come up, I press CTRL + ALT + Delete and look at the performance tab. My CPU usage is 50-70% percent! When I do close it, the CPU usage goes back to a low number. I highly doubt it is malware because I scan my computer frequently. I have a 2.8 Ghz processor with 1 gb of RAM. I only have Avast and Spyware Guard running when I use Firefox. I am using a network also for Internet. Any tips or fixes I could try?

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Malformed java will cause this problem. Go to tools/options/content and uncheck "enable java" and see if the problem continues. Have you checked for the latest updates for firefox?