Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Office Outlook email fails

• Please log in to reply

Nervous Nelly

Nervous Nelly

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
:whistling:
Hi Guys I'm back, and I'm so grateful for your help.
My Office Outlook, weird when I loaded it already, now directs all incoming mail to the deleted file. No, my security preferences and mail rules are not set in anyway to cause that.

Thanks for any help!

gemmy :blink:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word, click help, detect and repair, tick restore shortcuts

Nervous Nelly

Nervous Nelly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Um. thanks Keith. Remember, I'm the clueless one. :whistling:
I followed your directions, but failed to see what Word, or keyboard settings have to do with my mail. Nonetheless, I went there, and chose email options. But none 'highlighted' the Restore button. It was unavailable. The drop down menu allowed for 'normal' or 'document1'.

I am thick. But not totally so. I am pretty good at following directions. Please try again?

I think my preferences here allow for email. I'll check back.

Thanks again

Gemmy/NervousNelly

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you open Word, click help, click detect and repair, then click restore shortcuts

If you use any Office application to do this it repairs all of Office, using Word is good because Outlook may try to send and receive during the repair, the shortcuts are those which have been set in Office

Nervous Nelly

Nervous Nelly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello again, thanks Keith. I see what you meant, and followed your instructions. But it did not help. I am learning more about the tools available in this system though.

This website took an enternity to open. I'll be checking with my isp next week (not time til then) It's starting to look guilty.
See a new post about webpages.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Gemmy :whistling: