Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Host file not found!

• Please log in to reply

avajo4

avajo4

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi all, I have been going to this web site for years now. When I try to go there now , it gives me this message.

Host not found
The remote server that you specified could not be found. This may occur if you have incorrectly spelled the host name or if your Domain Name Server (DNS) is unavailable to resolve the host name that you specified.

Click the Refresh/Reload button, or try again later.

I refresh will no avail. I dont know if this is the right forum or not, but need help with this.

I dont know much about hosts so thought I should take this to the experts.

The web site is fchsalumni.org. It is a high school site and I can't figure out why all of a sudden it wont let me go to it.

Thanks for everything you guys and gals

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Website is offline and could be for any number of reasons.
Domain is still active and registered until March 2008 so the site will probably be back at some point.
Sites that disappear for a period of time is a fact of life on the internet so all you can do is go somewhere else in the meantime and check back on a daily basis.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If it's any consolation my two browsers can't find it either (IE and FF). My guess is their server is down.

avajo4

avajo4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks , I thought it was on my end.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Works okay here:
http://www.fchsalumni.org/phpBB2/