Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Your Guys' Opinion

• Please log in to reply

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
So after much research and headache, I’ve ordered everything for the system that I am building. Now I want to know what more experienced minds have to say about my configuration, check it out:

Motherboard: ECS KA3 MVP AIT Xpress3200 Crossfire Chipset
Memory: 2GB PC6400 DDR2/800 Corsair XMS2 with Heat Spreader
Video: 2 x NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 256MB PCI Express set in Crossfire
HD: 2 x 160GB SATA-II RAID 0 Stripped

Not to mention a pretty sweet case, a 19” Widescreen, and liquid cooling – all for about 1700.

Am I worthy?

Advertisements

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
My one regret is the motherboard...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ditch the mobo for something better then i definately would.

Ditch the SLI and the RAID as well your just wasting your money on them. Also liquid cooling unless you are getting a good kit dont bother with it.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Um did you relise that you have bought a crossfire mother board and two NVIDEA graphics cards????

the two are not compatable you must buy a motherboard that is compatable with SLI NOT crossfire!

if you have already ordered these parts you better either cancel or see if you can return either then motherboard or the video cards

troppo