Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail problems ... they've closed my account!

• Please log in to reply

annea

annea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hotmail closed my account for I don't know what reason about a week ago and I have been e-mailing them like crazy asking them why and to re-open my account. They keep on sending me these lousy cut and paste e-mails back telling me I broke the TOU which I didn't! Thing is, I have a very important e-mail in there from my grandmother before she passed away and I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the pathetic excuse for a Hotmail Support Team. What should I do? I desperatley want to get all my mail out of there and forget this ordeal happened then switch to Yahoo...

:whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Hotmail usually close an account if you don't log into it for so many days.
Hotmail also close an account if they suspect that its being used for spamming, and as a lot of spam uses forged email addresses pointing back to Hotmail addresses, a lot of it gets bounced back.

Unfortunately when Hotmail close an account, usually the email goes with it as well. So if it hasn't been saved elsewhere, then unfortunately you've probably lost it.