Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Boot, crashing and formatting problems

• Please log in to reply

Acolmiztli

Acolmiztli

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, my computer all of a sudden restarted by itself. I had recently uninstalled some programs I had downloaded... My computer was working well but, a bit slow-regardless of my efforts to check the spyware and stuff. Out of nowhere it restarts and then restarts again and again and again--- I thought oh no virus, worm etc... started up the safemode- it actually got the the screen where I could log in. When I tried running a spyware program I got this error message saying, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience....windows could not???? do something and I had to restart tried again same message... I couldn't do anything. Checked my system through that command prompt thing and it said windows has occurred a problem at around 77% of that check-command. I was forced to restart and at this point I had a message saying, "system. ???? file missing... I thought oh ok the program deleted a system file that etc... I bought boot disks from hp for my hp pavillion a230n. started to format my drive and i had some stop error message---blue screen. retried and it kept freezing up either on the disk load-up or one of the times i loadedup the disk after turning the computer on and while formatting the computer asked to insert disk1 entered and it would reject... ??? i kept trying-trial-error-trial-error :whistling: I'm lost I don't know what to do because that stupid little stop screen now keeps popping up oh and if i start up the computer without the boot disks i get this msg:
Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Advertisements

Acolmiztli

Acolmiztli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can somebody please help me fix this I'm stuck and I don't know why I'm getting the stop error msg while trying to format!!!!

Acolmiztli

Acolmiztli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yes, my computer is an HP-pavillian a230n and I've had it for 2.5 yrs WHY why why is this going on?!! I will gather all necessary info in order for somebody to help me. Thank you!

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. You may need to access the bios and change the boot order to boot from cd first. Then put your install cd in the drive and restart. It should boot from the cd. You can then proceed with your format/reinstall (this is what I understood from your post that you are trying to do). Here is a link to support info on your system at the hp web site: http://h10025.www1.h...a...mp;lang=en
Hit F1 when boot up starts to access the bios. Details at the link above.