Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

soundMAX Problems

• Please log in to reply

Neo_RiP

Neo_RiP

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi yeah i've been trying to update my sound card and for some reason it says 'driver not found reboot and try again'.Ive tried this and still the same messege comes up!!Its a intergrated soundMAX card, my Mother board is a Asus P4S800-MX!Ive tried system restore to no avail, any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try this asus support site: http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

Use the drop-downs to select Motherboard, Socket Type, and Model Number.

Click 'Search' and all available drivers will be presented for download. Scroll down to your operating system and choose the audio driver.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
look in device manager for the soundcard. click on it and hit DELETE. reboot and let windows find a driver for you.

hope it works.

Neo_RiP

Neo_RiP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks for trying to help me but even after downloading the new driver is still cant get it installed, it keeps saying driver not found. I even deleted it and it reinstalled itself and still no sound.Where do i go from here??