Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Messenger Service pop ups

• Please log in to reply

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
They say i have like 9999 system errors etc, and say to buy their product to get rid. They appear in the blue windows error boxes and i know they are scams but any idea to get rid? If you need a screen shot then i will do one immediatley as these drive me mad.
Thanks all.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thanks i'll try it.

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Sorry for double post but just wanted to say, this problem does not appear on any log or spy/ad ware clean up i have tried like AVG, ad aware pro or aol spyware.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

They say i have like 9999 system errors etc, and say to buy their product to get rid. They appear in the blue windows error boxes and i know they are scams but any idea to get rid? If you need a screen shot then i will do one immediatley as these drive me mad.
Thanks all.

Two ways:

1) Easy way is install Service Pack 2 if you don't have it already.

2) Harder way: Go to Start -> Run -> type in "services.msc". Find "Messenger" in the list, double-click on it, change its "Startup type" to Disabled, OK, reboot computer.

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
thanks