Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good cpu temp

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Just got a new compu with an amd fx-60 in it ...god a thermal display and i'm reading about 39.3C for my cpu...sound good? I'm not quite sure....dunno much about temps and cpu's

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
good enough for aircool, for the lower temps you really need a watercooled rig. Now you could lower it a bit more with a zalman hsf, and some arctic silver 5.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
hmm i believe i have water and aircooling...the cooling system is the arctic something..i'll look it up

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
[bleep] can't find the sheet that says what i bought lol this might be a few mins...brb

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
yeah i have the "coolmaster liquid cooling kit" however i also have a fan i know i have a fan...there's no controls forthe water cooling only a control to turn the fanhigh and lower..

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
well that's good, but what's your ambient temperature? cause normally i would expect watercooled to have a lower cpu temp.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
uhm...i'm in a reg room and stuff, it''s not hot in here, and i've got the fan maxed out. funny thing, i just turned the fan to the lowest setting and it only went up like 2 degrees

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
oha nd if you want the rest of the specs i can give em to you

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
nah man, u don't have to worry about the temp, it looks fine. I have a very hot cpu, and it runs at 44 idle and 49 load with a zalman cnps9500. NOw you should bump your setting up to at least medium, because you will see the different in demp underload

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
fx-60 with a 250 gb sata 7200rpm black color fan control panel, black raidmax saggita 420 watt case, neon lighting, beige pioner 16x dvdrw, black sony 16x dvd, black sony floppy drive, coolmaster liquid cooling kit, thermallake touch power 600 watt, and 2 evga geforce 7950's.

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
ah okay cool thanx

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
lol dual 7950's yeah ah.... welll i assume those cards are air cooled? they would def boost the case temp.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
yeah...i'm pretty sure it's those..you should see em in the compu, each card looks like 2 cards because they're so huge

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
well cause they are 2 cards, so basically your are running quad. however, no official support is out for sli 7950's so you won't see that much of a performance increase in games.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
yeah, i will in a few years though and besides on my old computer i had a nvidia 6800, i'll see a pretty big increase from that compu