Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noob guide to overclock processor

• Please log in to reply

coco123

coco123

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello would it be possible for anyone at all to me give me a step by step guide to over clock my AMD 1.2 GHZ processor, It would be so very greatly appreciated. I'm sorry for creating a new post for this but ive had read the other topics about overclocking. But the selection I have looked at have all been to complex for me to jump into, I do not mind possibly risking damaging my computer, However i do mind just destroying because i didnt ask.

So any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Coco.

Once again thank alot for any replies recieved.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
To be honest if you cant understand the stuff explaining ovrelocking theres not all that much we can do as overclocking a cpu is alot down to judgement on the user, its not so much that the CPU itself is hard to overclock its just a case of increasing the FSB and tweaking the voltage, it more balancing multiplier and memory clocks as you dont overclock just the cpu you overclock the whole system, in our how to section there is a good bit on memory overclocking that actually covers mostly everything and the website its from has the rest of the info you could possibly need.

A step by step guide would take alot of time and wouldnt be all that helpful to you unless you understand what you are doing.

coco123

coco123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Looks like im skrewed then thanks anyway lol :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its not actiually that complicated you just have to be patient enough to read through the stuff and have a basic knowledge of what computers are actually made up of. You just need to be prepared to read through the stuff it seems alot more complicated than it is once you have read it you can apply it to what you have and you only need like half the stuff you read but you need to read it before actually knowing what you need.