Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Beefed up task manager

• Please log in to reply

W-Unit

W-Unit

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Alright, well the other day I was starting up my computer and I guess I tried to open the task manager before it was comfortable with that, and it gave it to me with no top part...like the title bar and most importantly the tabs.
So I figured, no problem, I'll just restart...it still happens. This was like 5 or 6 days ago.
Here is an image of it.

It wouldn't be such a problem (I can still close it using ALT+F4) except that I like to use the Processes tab a lot, and now it's stuck on whatever tab it defaults to (Tasks, I think it's called).

Anybody know what's goin on?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Double click the grey above task

W-Unit

W-Unit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Ohmy...
How much of an idiot am I

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
A few have scratched their heads on that one, it is called tiny footprint mode, not what you may have been calling it :whistling:

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I remember once about three years ago i actually reinstall xp to fix that problem only to do it again week later that time i figgerd it out! :whistling: