Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

database driven site

• Please log in to reply

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
i was thinking of making a music fan site, or long-term a site of fan sites. i want to start using mysql and php in my sites. could some1 link me with a tutorial or tell me HOW i actually use php and mysql in a site. i know php and sql and how to make queries, but how can i use this in a website? can i have html in a mysql table? what would the addresses look like? how would search engine spiders/bots index my site (in whole or part or what)?

Edited by TaNkZ101, 22 July 2006 - 03:39 PM.

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
Yes a text of HTML entry in the MySQL table is possible . and you can jsut have that export to a echo function in PHP. I find that is generaly the best way to do that easily but if you want to get tricky you can save HTML documents as data entries in the table and have it export those directly to the page. although the esier is the first one lol :whistling: I've never really seen a problem with site indexing as meta tags are still decent practice and also many newer bots render the page befor posting back to the host.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
ever since i started learning php making websites got so much cooler

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
Quite a while back I remeber thinking the same thing :whistling:

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Most of my site http://www.allsortshop.com is database driven with php and mysql.