Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the chassis fan speed is too low!

• Please log in to reply

sachi

sachi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whan I turn on my computer, the displey shows black and says "the chassis fan speed is too low!"
What should I do? Should I replace the fan?
Please somebody help me..

Advertisements

Donarudo

Donarudo

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I'd go on a hunch and say maybe the fan speed is too low and the computer is probably over heating... just a guess.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Have you tried using SpeedFan? If not, download it from this link, and tell us if it works... http://www.majorgeek...ownload337.html

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Storm you and your trying to get people to download stuff. Are you having any problems with the fans (stuttering or anything) or are the components in your computer getting hot?

Considering how cheap some fans are, it may not hurt to buy new ones.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hey, if we can fix this the free and easy way, it's worth it :whistling:

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
weird. i'd say it was a detection error, cause he says its saying that at boot up and i doubt highly doubt that 1 case fan slowing down would cause the whole system to overheat, considering the psu can still act as the exahust. So try reconnecting all the pins on the fan. If you had your system for 1 yr or more and you case is not a good case, it's safe to assume that you probably have a low end fan, that's a sleeve bearing, so it's likely that it will bail out on you. If you are considering replacing the fan. I highly recommend the antec tricool 120 mm case fan, it's silent and effcient.

reiphil

reiphil

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
The fan could be set too low, as some manufacturers for fans try to advertise the silence of a fan ( lower speeds create less noise ). If you've had the fan for a while, you might want to replace it. HOwever, first I would open the case, and disconnect the fans and clean them. If the problem persists, check which port the fan is being called at ( At start up it should say FANX and ask you to press f1 to continue), then replace it. Lots of decent fans are pretty cheap now a days. Just look around. Best of Luck.