Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with my PS/2 port?

• Please log in to reply

Vantro

Vantro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Sony Vaio running on Windows XP and I just bought a Saitek X52 Joystick which I'm having trouble connecting. The USB throttle works just fine, but the PS/2 (I'm not sure if thats the right term) Joystick is not quite working.

Its connected, that I know because the lights are lit up, but I don't think my computer is reading it. I had this problem with a laser mouse I bought a while back too so I know for sure its my computer and not the hardware.

So is my computer missing something? I have a keyboard plugged into the PS/2 port right next to the broken one and thats working fine. (Although the joystick isn't compatible with that port) but the mouse/joystick port isn't working.

Edited by Vantro, 22 July 2006 - 07:53 PM.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Look in the BIOS and see if some how the port was turned off.

Vantro

Vantro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I got it figured out. Thanks acklan for the help.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
AAARRHHH!!! :blink: What was the fix! You can't just keep me hanging. :whistling: