Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System starts, but will not "re"start

• Please log in to reply

limeman

limeman

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
My computer starts perfectly every morning. But if I install a patch or something that requires a reboot, the computer doesn't even start the BIOS. The beeps tell me that it is a memory issue. At first I had Kingston Value RAM, then I went to Kingston Hyper-X, now I have high quality Patriot DDR 4200 2x512 MB. I have tried every possible combination of that RAM, 1 stick, 2 sticks, changed slots, etc. I have an Athlon 64 3000 and a MSI K8N NeoF-4 motherboard. I'm wondering if the RAM is not the issue. Thanks for your assistance.

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I think that your memory slots might be the problem, because it seems that the memory sticks are not the problem. If his is the case, you guess you will have to buy another motherboard. But before you do, be sure to check that no other parts are the cause of the problem. Do this by removing different parts and checking whether the problem presists. In addition, the fact that your computer boots perfectly every morning indicates that the memory might not be the problem. I think you should also check that your power supply is not causing the problem.