Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet bandwidth programs

• Please log in to reply

Die4me

Die4me

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I am having some trouble sorting out internet activity. I need a bandwidth monitor program that will not only tell me how much bandwidth I'm using, but also what programs are using bandwidth (i.e. limewire or ares). You see I have a cable modem that is connected to four other computers in my house. A lot of the time the internet will go very slow and I would like to see why. I can't check the other computers because they have pw's on them. If someone could suggest a program that would be great.

Btw I already found some programs that tell you how much bandwidth you're using. What I need is a program that sorts it all out.

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
If want a really cleaver but complex program that can pickup and sort packets try wireshark.

Die4me

Die4me

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I need something simple that can tell me what is using my bandwidth. If that isn't possible then maybe a program that tells me how much of my bandwidth is being used that isn't from my computer.