Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

svchost.exe errors

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I assume then, that the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) service is also disabled?

Let's try giving it what it's looking for. Download and install Runtime Debugger (Cordbg.exe).

Reboot...do you still get the error?

Advertisements

SueInSpain

SueInSpain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Yes, WIA is also disabled. I've used the link u gave me and although there is alot of detailed information about starting Crdbg.exe session and inside a Crdbg.exe there's nothing specific to downloading and installing this file. I don't have the expertise to understand or use Commands & Paths :whistling: Do I need Visual Studio.Net or
.NET Framework SDK in order to have this file?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Oops...sorry. There used to be a download of the actual debugger files available there... :whistling:

Check in Add or Remove Programs...is .NET Framework installed? What version is it? I know you and Keith were working on this end of the problem, I just want to verify that it was installed.

SueInSpain

SueInSpain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
U're forgiven :whistling: I have 1.1, the hotfix for 1.1 and 2.0