Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General Computer Problems + BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Quari

Quari

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi, my computer is currently suffering terrible problems - sometimes, I can just log on and, before I've been able to do anything, it will crash. The internet regularly fails to connect and now my Windows Media Player is not working either - in general it is slow, unresponsive and prone to crashes or other problems which result in me having to restart - such as the disappearance of the start bar or the "Task Manager" spreading itself multiple times across the entire screen when I try to open it.

When attempting to run an ewido scan to combat these problems myself - I was greeted with a blue screen which read:

http://img146.images...color01bss5.jpg

Also, I am suspicious of a processing continually running called "wowexec.exe" as its "Mem Usage" field is blank and it re-opens itself whenever I choose to close it.

Also, whenever I am logging off of my Windows XP area or shutting the computer down I am told that "NSESRCWP.EXE - DLL" and "SHLWSOCK.EXE - DLL" "failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down". Furthermore, I am shown a loading bar to "End Program ccApp" at the same time. I am unsure what any of this is and it comes up frequently whenever I log off/shut down.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Quari, 23 July 2006 - 07:05 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
wowexec.exe is a part the operating system, and supports the use of 16-bit processes within Windows NT, 2000, XP and later version of Windows.This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum