Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Airport Wireless Help

• Please log in to reply

xdramaqueenx

xdramaqueenx

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am trying to set up wireless on my new Macbook Pro using a linksys router connected to my parents modem and PC's.

I manage to connect sometimes but it continuously disconnects and The password I set up for the router is not what is required to log ito the wireless from my Mac laptop. Instead of using the password I set, I have to go onto my parents PC, log onto the internet, tpye the IP address into the address bar, go onto some weird router site and search the wireless security for some ridiculously long passcode, and to make matters worse the passcode appears to be set so that it will change every 3600 seconds (or so it says)....

is there a way i can set it so I use a password that I chose? and is there any way to make the wireless work more constantly???

Advertisements

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
If the router is using WEP encription all you should have to do is use the same password the pc's use... have you seen if it works without a password