Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When i press standby, it starts going ito it then restarts

• Please log in to reply

ryanafleming

ryanafleming

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just reinstalled windows as a fresh copy because i got xp pro, and now i have only installed the drivers and powerdvd 5 and i tried to put it into sleep, it started going into it though when the screen went blank after it would've been in sleep mode it restarted, any ideas

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Your system may be encountering what is called a "system error". These can be caused by a variety of things. I wrote a tutorial with screenshots here. This may cause your computer to show what is called a STOP error, which will show on a blue screen (jokingly called a Blue Screen of Death, or BSOD) with a hexidecimal number (such as 0x00000024). Please write down this number and post it if you receive one. Also, if there is a file with a .sys ending, please write it down and post it as well.