Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fail to Load XP from cd and Goes to Caldera DR-DOS

• Please log in to reply

ardillon

ardillon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, my problem seems to be that I have put this pc together etc. I insert the seagate cd to reformatt the hdd and clear it out... Then it tells me to insert the OS startup cd, (in this case Win XP) and reboot the pc. I have made sure that the order to boot from here is cd-rom first and the HDD. Done deal, When it comes back from being rebppted, it goes into OS [Caldera DR-DOS 7.03]. Its default drive or directory is a:\ so I change it to d:\ and I am able to see the files on the WinXP cd. I try to run the "SETUP.EXE" file but it then gives me this error: "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" after this I am completely stuck.

Any help is greatly Appreciated....
Thanx!

Advertisements