Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

magna_2000

magna_2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
I recently had all my mail folders backed up into a new backup folder following a hard drive error. Now when I try to open any of the old mail in back up folder I get error message " The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". Can anyone please help with a solution.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
is this outlook or outlook express? If outlook then try running a detect and repair of office.

If you are still having issues try running an import of your mail. If that fails then your pst files may be corrupted. Try the above before we continue with other steps.