Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Network ghost logging in?

• Please log in to reply

Xales

Xales

• Pip
  • 6 posts
First off, I hope this is in the right forum.

Secondly, my family has a home network of 3 computers, one desk two laptops. We use MSN through verizon. My family and I went out of two this weekend and did not take either laptop with us. My grandmother did not go with us, but stayed home do some work for a group she is part of.

Now, my family and I are aware that when one of us is already on the internet with MSN and another one of us signs on on a different computer, a little box pops up and informs us someone else has signed into MSN messenger on another computer.

My grandmother was home alone. One of the laptops was unplugged and under a pile of papers. The other was in the possession of my aunt, who did use the laptop. However, on the day my grandmother was working and the little box popped up was the day my aunt was not at home and did not use the laptop. We know the box only pops up if someone signs into MSN with my grandmother's screen name and password. She was on the desk computer, and the laptops were both off when the message popped up.

What we want to know is if it is possible to find where it is someone else is logging into the internet under the same name and password. I do not think there is, but I was asked to ask so I am.

Also, while my family and I were gone, we did not use a computer. I hope I have been as clear as possibe. Thank you for any help you can give us.

Advertisements