Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Our son

• Please log in to reply

njustice

njustice

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Our son (Ken) who lives in Las Vegas has been in a car accident. He was on life support for a few days and has major injuries.

Please pray for him for a speedy recovery and for those who are caring for him in the hospital. We'll be leaving soon to be with him. :whistling:

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
That's horrible, Nj :whistling:

I hope he gets well... Try to keep strong.. Keep us updated :blink:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Our sympathies go out to you. We wish both of you best of luck during this time :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Njustice,

I'm so sorry to hear that - you know all of your online friends (and you have many) will be praying for your son.

sari

June MacPhee

June MacPhee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So very sorry to hear about your son.
I wish you and your family all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery.

I will keep your son in my prayers.

We all hang in there with you.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I am sure that everyone here wishes a speedy recovery for your son. This is a awful thing to happen but I promise you that something good will come out of it: humanity will shine through adversity, promise.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
*Kat gives her friend nj the biggest cyber :whistling: possible

You have all my numbers if you need them, hon. Take care of that boy.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
In our prayers, hope all is well....

Harry and family.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I m sorry to hear the nj my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time,

Wishing a speedy recovery

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
"Yesterday is but today's memory
and
Tomorrow is today's dream"

Kahlil Gibran

nj many, many of your friends here are dreaming (praying) for a happy and healthy tomorrow for Ken and for you and your family. :whistling:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
*admin prays -- wishes there was more he could do. :whistling:

Godspeed

njustice

njustice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Our son is having surgery today so please pray the Lord will be with the surgeon and staff during this time. Due to obligations here at home and work and making financial arrangements for the flight we won't be there in time for the surgery, but will be leaving tomorrow evening. :blink:

Again....BIG thanks to you all!!! :whistling:

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Good Luck & wishing a speedy recovery

shagnicely

shagnicely

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am sorry to hear of your son's accident.

I hope this helps , a little a personal experience of a real miracle:

Just 2 years ago, my then 24 yr old nephew had a bad car accident. No drugs, no alcohol involved. He was in ICU for 2 weeks, in a coma. He was not expected to survive.There were a LOT of prayers. When he came out the coma it, he could not move, or speak. He has brain damage.

He spent 6 weeks in a rehab unit, then went home. Gradually, he has improved. We still have the person. The first sign of his recovery was his sense of humor was the same.

Today he can walk without a walking frame, just a cane. He can speak well, feed and dress himself. His intellect is Ok, but short memory is impaired. It is his goal to live independently and to return to work. I think he will. He still has speech therapy and physiotherapy several times a week.

I tell you this because we have been told by the doctors that he has far surpassed what they thought was even possible.They expected him to remain in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.

Of course life is not the same, but the person we love is still with us,and we are grateful.

My thoughts are with you and your son.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Good story :blink: Not to be "nosy" or anything, but how did surgery go? :whistling: