Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Our son

• Please log in to reply

shagnicely

shagnicely

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
All sugery has been successful so far. Latest was this week, on his arm.

His improvemnt continues to stun me.I am convinced that determination and support are hugely important in such cases. He WILL NOT give up, he just will not---and we will not give up on him.

However, I will not make fatuous claims such as "if he can do it, anyone can" or "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"--both statements are in my experience total [bleep].--

I do my best to be prepared for the worst, but hope and work for the best. The results are usually somewhere in between.

Does prayer help? I have no idea, but I can't see how it could possibly do any harm. BUT, it IS a fact that people with religious/spiritual beliefs do better with major trauma, disease, operations etc. than those with none. Think I lie? Ask a doctor in a major hospital ( I did)

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I will remember your son in my prayers. I'm so sorry this happened. :whistling:

And yes, I also have heard stories about how determination and faith can really have an effect on recovery.

njustice

njustice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Hi everyone, I wanted to give you all an update on our son. He came thru surgery very nicely on his hip and pelvic bone. He has a long way to go as far as physical therapy goes and I agree that will and determination play an important role in recovery to the extent that it is possible for each individual. I do believe your prayers are a blessing for our son and it sure has helped us knowing that people care enough to lift him up in prayer.

I can't THANK YOU ALL enough for the kind words and prayers. It means so much to us! :whistling:

shagnicely, we will keep your son and family in our thoughts and prayers......thank you for sharing your story.

ladyjeweler

ladyjeweler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good morning, njustice! I will continue to pray for your son. :whistling: