Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AC adapter problems

• Please log in to reply

alfletch

alfletch

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi i have an e-machines M6810 notebook, and i've been noticing lately that although the ac adapter is plugged into the notebook, the small light that shows its plugged in will not be on and the notebook will switch to batter power and i have to wiggle the cord for it to light up again. This has led me to believe that i either need a new ac adapter or its the actual port where i plug the adapter in. Do you have any advice on what i should do??

Thanks,
Angela

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
visually inspect the jack on the back of the pc where it plugs in (sometimes the center pin will become loose or something like that...i've actually had to repair one where the center pin actually dislodged and was pushed into the housing...very fun fix) and the plug. without gettting another adapter it's really difficult to figure this one out without there being visible damage

alfletch

alfletch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i checked the pin in the back and it doesn't seem to be loose. so i'm guessing i should just get a new adapter