Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad Aware Pro [resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

babar

babar

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello,

I was directed sometime ago by Bananafanafo to download adaware se (the freeone) to try and rid myself of a nasty spyware. I liked the program so much better than what I had been using I just upgraded to Ad Aware 6.181 Professional.

The problem is, I have no idea how to set it up for optimal performance.

The basic interface is similar to SE and as such I used setup instructions provided by Banafanafo. There are some differences and I was unable to complete setup as I did on the free version.

It is scanning and seems to be working but I would like to have it working at it's optimal level.

I also got ad watch 3.0 with it and have no clue at all about setting it up.

If anyone can assist me with this I would be very thank-ful.

Cheers,

Babar

Advertisements

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Try these 2 links:

Tutorial

LavaSoft

babar

babar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Thank-you for the links. Unfortuneatley both links only lead me to set up tips for ad aware SE not Pro.

Does anyone out there have ad aware pro? If so could you maybe drop me a line on how to set it up to optimize it's performance.

Thanks,

Babar

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I went to the Ad-Aware website (Lavasoft) and I looked in the forums and this is how the Admin suggested to set up Ad-Aware PRO:

General Button
Safety:
Check (Green) all three.

Advanced Button
Logfile Detail Level:
All options under this should be checked (Green).

Tweak Button
Check (Green) the following:
Log Files
Include basic Ad-Aware settings in logfile:
Include additional Ad-Aware settings in logfile:
Include reference summary in log file:
Please do not check (Green): Include Module list in logfile

This is how the Lavasoft Adming suggested so I would go with it. Other than that, have you read the help file? I've heard that the help file for Ad-aware PRO is pretty extensive with graphics, and what not, explaining all the features. I would probably check that out too.

Michelle :tazz: