Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

page cannot be displayed

• Please log in to reply

kcor

kcor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am getting error "page cannot be displayed" when trying to access websites. I think it is only when I am access secure ones. To my knowledge nothing has been installed or changed on the pc. I have run a defrag and virus scan. Nothing has shown up. I have been trying to fix for 2 weeks!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
at top of your page click on tools ....then internet options...then the security tab...click each site...internet....click default.......click on intranet.....click default....click on trusted sites...click default....click on restricted sites...click default......then click apply and ok

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
3.) Open IE and go to Internet Options > Security > Internet, then press "Default Level", then OK. Now press "Custom Level." In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".

Now you will be asked whether you want ActiveX objects to be executed and whether you want software to be installed.
Sites that you know for sure are above suspicion can be moved to the Trusted Zone in Internet Option > Security.

So why is ActiveX so dangerous that you have to increase the security for it?
When your browser runs an activex control, it is running an executable program. It's no different from doubleclicking an exe file on your hard drive.
Would you run just any random file downloaded off a web site without knowing what it is and what it does?

GIVE THIS A TRY

kcor

kcor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
done, but no change. any other suggestions?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try updating your java1.5

http://www.java.com/...nfiguration.xml

ie crashes and gives you cannot display page

http://www.java.com/...elp/iecrash.xml