Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HSF compatibility

• Please log in to reply

chadalogue

chadalogue

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was wondering if the stock cooler from a pci-e card will fit onto an agp board?
More specifically, a Sapphire Radeon X850 XT PCI-E onto a PowerColor Radeon X850 XT AGP?

And most importantly, I have an RMA for returning my faulty card. Should the PCI-E stock cooler fit, will this
affect the return of said product?

Hope this post makes sense. I've learned the moral of the story: (a) Don't throw away anything! (b) return faulty products/do not assume after market coolers will help!

Cheers!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not exactly sure what you're askin but i do know that if you send an RMA with anything attached to it that it didn't come from the factory with...they probably wont honor the RMA ("you probably broke it by putting this doodad on it...we aint payin")

other than that...a little better description of your "predicament" might help a little

chadalogue

chadalogue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Right: bought the card from an online retailer in april; but the card was running at high temps\artifacts. I assumed that an aftermarket cooler might do the job, and went for a zalman. This worked at first, and I threw away my stock cooler. I say at first because not long after this, the card started playing up again - the memory is constantly overheating and the situation seems to be getting worse, so I no longer use my pc for any 3d applications.
I have spoken with the retailer and obtained an RMA (in which I initially explained that I'd change the cooler). I called them up just to clarify and they say that as long as I stick the cooler back on they'll rplace the card.
I've found a seller via ebay who has a sapphire pci-e card stock cooler.
I don't really know what my best option is
As it turns out, the car

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
aha!...got you...yeah..never throw anything away hahaha.....if you can find the stock cooler for that card it should be acceptable (or a card within the same model range...they shouldn't have that much of a difference"

chadalogue

chadalogue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Sweet! Just needed that expert confirmation! The thing's only a fiver on ebay anyway.

Thanks Again

Chadalogue.co.uk